Current Area of Need:
Radio City Austin is a comedic radio serial style podcast that is set (and recorded) in Austin, Texas. The aim of the project is to feature a variety of Austin performers and playwrights in a way that celebrates Austin’s creative culture while also providing Austin talent with a platform that has the potential to reach listeners around the world. The eight episode series will feature the work of over a dozen locally recognized Austin actors and five Austin-based writers. We would like to distribute the podcast at no charge to listeners but in order to do that we need to raise money to pay for production expenses. You can make a tax deductible donation of any amount through our fiscal sponsor, Fractured Atlas. We would like to publicly thank you for your support by listing you (or your business) as a sponsor for the show.
Donate any amount and Create a Character – We enjoy using information about our donors to help us create new characters on the show. Many of these new characters are featured at the end of the episode during the New-Character Challange but we may even use some of them to inspire repeating characters who are featured in future seasons. When you donate any amount, you are welcome to answer some of the questions in the profile at the bottom of this page. We try to include as many donor character profiles on the show as possible.
Donate $25 and Sponsor a Segment - We like to thank donors during our segment breaks on the podcast. When you donate $25 or more we will list either your business name, your foundation name, your name or the name of the person you wish to honor with your donation. We record many of our shows well in advance of their release dates so please be sure to email us before you donate to ensure that we will have time to record your mention.
Donate $250 and be a Sponsor for the Season - Radio City Austin is set to release its first episode on June 2nd. As of May 21st, our Facebook Page already had a reach of over 1,500 people. The vast majority of the people we are reaching are Austin residents between the ages of 25 and 35. Radio City Austin is seeking to build an audience of people who love being a part of Austin’s vibrant culture and a major aspect of Austin’s culture is its support of local businesses. We hope to partner with locally owned businesses who are interested in supporting our creative efforts and we believe that our audience will respond by supporting the businesses that support our show. If you would like to be a season sponsor please email us before donating to ensure that we will be able to mention you or your business in all of our recordings. We are now accepting donations for both season one and season two.
Donate a Give Away Item for our End of Episode Challange - Email us at email@example.com if you would like to include a give-away item with your donation. We will use this item as the prize for the lucky listener who wins the End of Show Challenge. This is a great way to introduce new clients to your business and to encourage all of our listeners to check out what your business has to offer.
The Brand New Theatre Co. is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions for the purposes of The Brand New Theatre Co. must be made payable to Fractured Atlas and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Donation checks should be written to Fractured Atlas and mailed to the BNTC office. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request our address.
If you make a payment by credit card, remember you’ll see Fractured Atlas on your statement, not BNTC.
Radio City Austin features characters based on our donors during the New-Character Challenge at the end of each episode. Answer 3 to 5 of the questions below and email them to email@example.com. Our professional improvisors will use the profiles they receive to create a new character. We try to feature as many donors as possible each season.
- What age are you?
- What do you do for a living?
- What would people guess you do for a living just by looking at you?
- What is/are your hobbie(s)
- What piece of advice do you always follow?
- If you had a motto what would it be?
- What were you doing at 10pm last Saturday?
- If all of your obligations disappeared for a day, what would you spend that day doing?
- What three movies best define you?
- What is a cause you believe in?
- What is something you’ve gotten in trouble for before?
- What was your childhood dream?
- What do people like the most about you?
- What do people not like about you?
- What are you afraid of?
- What subject were you best at in school?
- If you were a school teacher what subject would you teach? (It can be a subject that is commonly taught in school or a new subject you make up based on your personal expertise.)
- If you were rich, how would you have made your money?
- How would you describe your most important personal relationship?(This can be a marriage, best friend, dog, your relationship with food, anything really.)
- If you had a 10/20/30/etc. year high school reunion this year what would your old class mates find most surprising about you now?